1. We believe in the Bible (Authorized King James Version) to be inerrant, infallible, and inspired by the Holy Ghost (II Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe that redemption, remission of sins, and salvation is attained by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and His resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-26; 10:9).
3. We believe that the Holy Trinity – the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, these three bear record in Heaven and are the complete function of the Godhead (I John 5:7).
4. We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin named Mary, who conceived of the Holy Ghost, and brought forth a son and called Him Jesus (Luke 1:31-35; Is 9:6)
5. We believe in the soon coming event; the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; Who will receive us (the believers) unto Himself, and then we shall be with Him forever (I Thess 4:13-17).
6. We believe in the Promise of the in-filling of the Holy Ghost; which is given to us, to our children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as our Lord God shall call (Acts 1:8; 2:38-39).
7. We believe that Water Baptism, complete submersion, is an act of open confession that we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-5; Col 2:12).
8. We believe Christian Education is a mandate given to us by our God, and we as parents should in no way let secular, humanist teachers be instructors of our children. We do not just prefer Christian Education, but it is also our conviction and integral ministry of the Shelby Street Pentecostal Lighthouse (Deut 6).
9. We believe that Satan is the enemy of all righteousness, the enemy of God and the enemy of all Bible believing Christians. He is the accuser of the brethren, a tempter; deceiver and destroyer, and when Jesus Christ returns, Satan shall be destroyed forever (John 10:10; Luke 4:1-13; Hebrews 2:14; Revelation 12:9-10).
10. We believe in creation not as a theory but as a fact and truth (Nehemiah 9:6; Genesis 1:1).
11. We believe in the depravity of man and that he shall not escape the wrath and judgment of God without a confession of faith in the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and repenting of his sins (Romans 1:21-32; 10:9-10).
12. And we further affirm that the eternal state of unbelievers shall be punished forever in the lake of fire called hell. Also we believe that the eternal state of believers shall be in the presence of God forever, living in a place called heaven where there is great peace, joy, and love, and Jesus the Son of God shall be the light of the city. (Revelations 21).
13. We believe that Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and a dedication unto God (Romans 12:1-2, 1 Thes. 5:23-24, Heb. 13:12). It is taught in the Bible as an act of God that changes the nature of man (1 Thes. 5:23-24). Man must also realize his responsibility to sanctify himself to God (Lev. 20:7, 1 Thes. 5:22, Rom. 12:1-3, 1 Peter 3:15).
14. We believe in Separation and that the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful practices and association is commanded by God (2Tim. 3:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2, 1John 2:15-17, 2John 9-11, 2Cor. 6:14-7:1).
15. We believe in the sanctity of the human life and that God created every man in His image for His purpose and that abortion of any kind is murder (Gen 1:26-28: 9:5-7; Exodus 20:13).
16. We believe that any sexual relationships outside sacredness of marriage is immorally wrong and that anyone living an immorally wrong lifestyle be it adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, bestiality, etc, they shall not be permitted to have any leadership, or be a teacher, or play music or anything that the church deems a ministry. We also believe that without genuine repentance of the sinful lifestyles their bodies and souls will be destroyed in hell for all eternity (I Corinthians 6:9-20; 7:1-5; Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:4-5).